September 15, 2017
Please print and complete the crossword puzzle below. Once completed, scan the crossword puzzle and send it to The Cosmetic Chemist's Staff Manager, Silvia Mendiola Buj. The first contestant that sends a correct crossword puzzle is eligible to win a $50 gift card.
1. Excessive production of keratinocytes.
2. Small inflamed lesion (red bumps).
3. An acne lesion (white or yellow spots) characterized by the presence of pus.
1. A common chronic skin condition (or disease) that affects the pilosebaceous unit (two words).
2. An non-inflamed acne lesion that is an open comedo. The black color stems from the oxidation of sebaceous lipids.
3. _____ acne is the most severe form of acne that results from the formation of cysts underneath the skin.
4. An inflamed acne lesion located deep in the skin.
5. ____ acnes is a bacterial species responsible for acne vulgaris.
6. A noninflamed acne lesion that is a closed comedo and characterized by its white appearance.
7. This class of molecules is often used to treat acne and consists of vitamin A.
8. An antimicrobial agent used to treat acne (two words).